The Soundtrack of Ordinary Things

A door opens, nothing has happened yet but beneath the creaking hinges, the violins begin to rise—and suddenly, you know danger is lurking on the other side.

A look is exchanged across a crowded room, gaze held for three seconds. Then the strings swell…dhinn.. dhinn.. and you know love is in the air ❤️

A child trips over a toy. A burst of comic music erupts. Falling flat on your face is apparently hilarious if someone scores it correctly 😉.

A character sits by a window. Rain slides down the glass. They stare into the distance. The piano begins and suddenly, without anyone saying a word, your heart becomes heavy.

That is the magic of a background score. It makes the mundane interesting, the tiring feel exhilarating. It turns a glance into longing, a silence into grief, and a simple walk through a doorway into danger. The Music doesn’t create the emotions, it finds it.

I wish life had a background score, something that could tell us what we are feeling when we don’t know how to name it.

A soft little tune when I see someone I love after a long day.

A ridiculous comedy track when the children are running around the house, destroying everything in their path.

A triumphant orchestra when I finally manage something I had been struggling with for months.

And perhaps, on the really difficult days, that slow melancholy piece that tells you it is okay to sit down, and breathe.

Music that gives shape to the ache, warmth to the memory, and movement to the feelings we have been carrying silently.

Because sometimes words aren’t enough.

And when the final note fades, nothing outside us may have changed.

But somehow, we have been understood.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An ode to friendship!

The Mediocre Child